Well-known parade-rainer, party-spoiler and remarkably accurate tipster, @evleaks, is at it again. In one of his latest and greatest leaks to date, he’s outed the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in two different color variations: Midnight Black and Maple Gold. Additionally, we get our first glimpse of the device from all angles – front, back and both sides. There’s also a look at the presumably updated S-Pen on the side.
Sammy is set to take the wrapper off of the Galaxy Note 8 at its upcoming Unpacked event in New York City, on August 28th. The device should hit US retailers in the weeks to follow.
Despite Samsung’s battery woes last year with the Galaxy Note 7, the latest incarnation is still one of 2017’s most anticipated devices. And, considering my money went to LG with my last two upgrades – the V20 first and now the G6 – I’m thinking about jumping back on the bandwagon this time around, too.
Here’s Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Midnight Black and Maple Gold Variants
Galaxy Note 8 Final Specs
- 6.3-inch SuperAMOLED display (1440 x 2960 resolution, 18.5:9 aspect ratio).
- Physical dimensions of 162.5mm x 74.6mm, with an 8.5mm thickness.
- Exynos 8895 (globally) / Snapdragon 835 (US).
- Two main rear cameras, both with 12-megapixel sensors (f1.7 aperture and dual-pixel autofocus for primary, f2.4 and enables a 2x optical zoom for secondary).
- Eight-megapixel sensor and an f1.7 autofocus lens selfie camera in the front.
- Fast-charging 3300mAh battery
The Galaxy Note 8 is quickly approaching, folks. What do you think of the two color variants? Are you digging the Maple Gold, or will you stick with the traditional Midnight Black? Perhaps you’re passing altogether this year? Hit the comment thread below and let us know what you think. And be sure to stay tuned to Android Unfiltered, where we’ll be sharing all the Note 8 news as it rolls in.