The next time I go camping or hiking, I know exactly which piece of gear will always have a spot in my camera bag. The MyCharge AdventureUltra portable charging hub and inverter ($129.99). Despite being a bit on the heavy side, this thing has more than enough juice -13,400mAh to be exact – to make it worth the extra weight.
And, in addition to having all of that extra battery, it can charge just about anything. The AdventureUltra has two (2) USB-A ports and one (1) USB-C port for charging phones, tablets, and other USB-powered devices. It also has an AC power output thanks to the device’s internal inverter, allowing you to power devices like lamps, TVs, and fans.
Before we dig in any further, let’s take a look at the specs from the MyCharge website.
MyCharge AdventureUltra Specifications
- Battery Capacity: 13400mAh
- Recharges Via: Included charging adapter
- Compatibility: Small Laptops, 2 in 1 Laptop/Tablets, Tablets, Smartphones & USB Devices, Laptops w/ Power Adapters less than 45W*
- Charging Specifications: If laptop is on (open), the charger will run the laptop and charge its battery. If the laptop is off (closed), the charger powers just the laptop’s battery.
- Smart-sense: Ensures complete device compatibility
- Hyper-charge: Ultra-fast charging of your devices; up to 65% faster than competitors
- Power-stay: Maintains battery power for up to 1 year
- Max-power: Maximum power transfer from powerbank to device
- High-density battery: The smallest and lightest powerbank
- Safe-cell: Provides the highest level of battery safety
- Rapid-recharge: Powerbank recharges up to 50% faster than competitors
- Pass Through Charging: Will charge the powerbank and connected device simultaneously
- Battery: 13,400mAh Lithium Ion
- Product Dimensions: 1.2 in x 5.8 in x 4.1 in
- Product Weight: 1.05 lbs.
- Input: 20V
- Total Output: AC 110V 45W
- Output By Port: USB-C Port: 3.0A, USB-A Port #1: 2.4A, USB-A Port #2: 2.4A, Total Shared: 3.4A, AC Port: 45W
*The best way to know your device is compatible with the AdventureUltra is to review the technical specs of your device, the AdventureUltra can charge any item via the AC port up to 45 watts. In some cases, you may need to close the screen of your laptop to charge.
What’s In The Box
- 1x AdventureUltra portable charging/inverter
- 1x Recharge cable
Using The AdventureUltra
Upon opening the AdventureUltra, I had to charge the device as it shipped with a completely discharged battery – standard practice, as far as I am concerned. To charge the device, there is a port for the included cable to be inserted into on the right side of the device. This port (and all of the others) are kept safe by rubber port covers to help keep dust and sand out.
The front of the device contains an LCD display that shows the device’s current battery charge level. From zero to full, it took about 3 hours to fully charge.
From there, it’s pretty much up to your device as to how much recharging or usage power you’ll actually get, but here are the amounts listed on the device’s packaging – obviously these will vary on a per device-you’re-charging basis.
- Smartphones: 8x battery
- Bluetooth speakers: 8x battery
- 2-in-1 & small laptops: 1x battery
- 32″ LED TV: 3 hours
- Lamp with LED bulb: 8 hours
- Small fan: 8 hours
- Tablet: 1.2x battery
- Lots of extra battery power
- Charging ports galore
- Fast charges my Pixel 3a XL smartphone
THE NOT SO GOOD
- A bit on the bulky side – something to keep in mind if you need to pack light
- Pricey – luxury comes with a cost, right?
THE BOTTOM LINE
If you have $129 to spare, the AdventureUltra is an excellent option to provide more than enough juice to get you through a day or two away from a power outlet (depending on your usage). Keep in mind it’s somewhat bulky in size, though.
Where to buy
You can pick up the MyCharge AdventureUltra directly from the manufacturer website for $129.