Clash Royale is one of the few Android games I play on a regular basis. Its been around for quite some time now, and it keeps getting better – except when Abhishek beats me. Yesterday’s update brought a new arena – Electro Valley – and a few other things worth mentioning, like new cards and chests.
New Electro Valley arena
Electro Valley is now available at 3400 trophies, and the Legendary Arena has been pushed back to Arena 12. All Legendary Arena rewards (chests, victory gold, etc.) increased accordingly, as a result.
This update also brings two new cards along with it – Zappies and the Hunter. Zappies spawn a pack of miniature Zap machines, while the Hunter is a close-range attacker that deals mass amounts of damage. He also has impressively bushy eyebrows, apparently.
You can also obtain three new types of chests via quests and the in-game shop:
- Lightning Chest: Replace card stacks of your choice with up to 5 “Strikes”
- Fortune Chest: Get a glimpse of the future and see what your chest might contain…
- King’s Chest / Legendary King’s Chest: Big chests with a focus on Epic and Legendary Cards
- The “Daily Gifts” Quest is now always active
- Epic and Legendary Cards now appear in the Shop more often at 4000+ Trophies
- Cards at max level are less likely to appear in the Shop and Fortune Chest
- Support for iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, and Note8
Supercell has also balanced several cards – you can find out what’s changing here.
Download Clash Royale
Clash Royale v2.1.5 is out now on the Play Store, but it looks like Supercell also just released a bug-fixer, v2.1.7, while I was typing up this post. You can grab it using the Play Store Widget below.
Any Clash Royale fans in the house? What do you think of the current state of the game? Thoughts on Electro Valley and the new cards? We’d love to hear from you in the comment thread!