Chris Lacy has been hard at work behind the scenes on one of the more popular Android launcher apps available. As such, the fruits of his labor are continuing to show with the latest update to his Action Launcher app. The new update, v27.0 is available now and brings a couple new and mentionable features along with it.
First up, we’ve got a stylish new built-in weather widget, and you can also change the color of Action Launcher’s Android O style App Shortcuts and Notification dots to match your wallpaper or the color of your icons.
Furthermore, you can create custom search bar widgets and move them anywhere on your homescreen. Lastly, in addition to having the colors of items like your folders and All Apps drawer match your wallpaper, you can now adjust the transparency of these items via Action Launcher’s Quicktheme settings.
Action Launcher v27 changelog
- Weather widget (Alpha). Requires Android 6.0 or later.
- Adjust the color of the App Shortcuts panels via Quicktheme.
- App Shortcuts, Shutters and Covers can be tinted with the highlight color of the controlling icon via Quicktheme. Allows for Twitter’s App Shortcuts panel to by light blue, WhatsApp’s to be green, etc.
- Ability to adjust the transparency of the All Apps page, search box, folders, Shutters and more via Quicktheme.
- Quickbar (aka the custom Google Search bar) can be placed as a standalone widget anywhere on your layout.
- Revamped Quickbar icon picker, and the number of icons available for Quickbar customization has increased from ~200 to ~950.
- Option to disable widget padding (Settings -> Desktop -> Advanced -> Widget padding).
- Fixed a nasty memory leak related to the animated clock icon that was causing excessive battery drain and general performance issues.
- Misc. stability fixes.
As always, I’ve thrown in a download link for you below. Be sure to give this one a try, then stop back and let us know how much you’re loving it!
Download Action Launcher v27